Pages

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Here at Last!

                                         (the view from my roof of the Washington Monument)


As I write this I am sitting in my apartment on my third night in D.C. It's been great so far, getting acquainted with my neighborhood and exploring different parts of town with my Dad. I am so thankful he was able to fly out here with me, having him here is definitely making my transition easier. 

It has been a bit of a whirlwind, but I can already tell this summer is going to be jam packed with adventures!  There is so much to see and do, I need to start making a list to keep it all organized. 

Some of the highlights so far have included mapping out my route to work and seeing the building, getting my new smartphone so I can stay connected, going on a 'pub crawl' of sorts through different neighborhoods with my dad, and reuniting with one of my roommates from Australia that I haven't seen in about two years!

(Bankhead and I at the Mellow Mushroom) 

The past few days have been great, and I am so excited to start work on Monday. It's going to be a busy summer, but I can't wait! 


No comments:

Post a Comment