Pages

Friday, July 6, 2012

4th of July!

July 4th is one of my favorite holidays of the year. I love all of the American pride, the BBQ's, the fireworks, and the fact that it's smack dab in the middle of summer. This year I was extra excited, because I figured D.C. would be on American pride overload, and that's exactly what I got!

We started the day at the Washington Nationals baseball game. I don't know how many of you have been keeping up with your weather reports, but in case you didn't know the east coast is having some crazy stuff happen... like this heat wave. Normally I would not condone sitting in the direct sun on a 95+ degree day for several hours to watch baseball, but in the spirit of the 4th we sucked it up and did it for America!

(walking into the park)

(Lillian and I sweating out the beer we were drinking)

(Nationals vs. Giants) 

After the game I went home to take my second shower of the day (seriously, the humidity here is awful) and change. Then I met up with another intern from our office and we grabbed a drink before meeting up with Lillian at a friends BBQ. The food was delicious and we got to see a new neighborhood in D.C! 

Finally we headed to the National Mall, so we could view the fireworks that go off above the Washington Monument. We knew it would be packed and were nervous that it would take us hours to get home, so instead of going all the way into the Mall, we decided to park in front of a museum on 7th and Constitution. Close enough so we could see, without having to be right in the crowds of people. 

(fireworks and the monument)

All in all it was a great, fun, sweaty day! I'm continuing to get to know the city, and glad I get to be a part of celebrations like this. Happy Summer! 






No comments:

Post a Comment